Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Happy New Year

Hey Friends,
     I just want to share with you about my day yesterday, it was simply marvelous. One of my goals this year is to be hiking more, and lucky for me I've got a mother who is ecstatic about hiking and would love nothing more than keeping me accountable on that goal. Yesterday was the first hike of the year. Me and my momma headed out to Santan Regional Park in hopes for a great hike. God delivered as he usually does. It was prolly one of the best hikes I've had in awhile. In Arizona, sometimes it's hit or miss on the weather, either it's really cold or (usually) very hot. But let me tell you, the middle of January was absolutely perfect timing. The two of us headed out and nobody was there so it was a very peaceful hike. We went at our own pace talking about anything and everything, because we could.

-- Rejoice in the LORD always; again I will say, rejoice -- Philippians 4:4

Joyously twirling while hiking yesterday!!
Because, you should just stop and spin
around when feeling super elated...Am I
right? 
     Ever heard of the phrases: "Do more of what makes you happy." or "Find what makes you happy and do more of that."? Yesterday, I asked my mom if she had a motto and she said her motto was "Right on!", which I totally agree with. Then, she asked me what mine was, and I had to think about it. I came to the conclusion of my motto being one of those phrases. Recently it's become easier to identify what activities or hobbies truly make me happy. I expressed to my mom that taking more pictures of the things we do or places we go is near the top of the list. Writing and reading more frequently almost always puts a smile on my face. (If I'm reading about chemistry though - no smiles there.) Eating more waffles makes everyone happy (I'm sure about that.) Being around my best friends and bringing out the best in each other, my favorite. And listening to a song that just makes you want to get up and dance - that's the best type of music. Now that I know what makes me happy, I need to do more of it. I need to take more hikes, read more classics, take more pictures, write more blog posts. Only if I do more of the things that make me happy, then I will truly be happier. My days will be filled with joy when I make time for the activities that fill me up. I will be a happier person when I indulge in the hobbies that make me, me. My schedule this year will not only have deadlines and projects. It will also include time cut out for hiking a couple times a week and more dance sessions. 

     So, I'm challenging you to do more of what makes you happy. Find what that is and just do it. Make time in you schedule to really embrace the things that just simply make you happy. Your days will be better, your smiles will be bigger, and your perspective will be wider. When everyone else sees you're a happy person, they'll want to know your secret. There's no secret, just a simple phrase your taking to heart. This week let's find the things that make us radiantly cheerful and do more of it. 

XOXO - Em

P.S. My Etsy shop link - The Art of Stationary

No comments:

Post a Comment