Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016!!

Dear Readers,

     Happy New Year!! I don't know about you, but 2015 was definitely full of changes and growth. There was my transition from public school to homeschooling, new additions to our church, growing closer to friends, while losing some along the way and growing closer to God through out all of it. This year I learned to really rely on God, while learning what it means to trust Him with all I have. I'm also thankful I've realized what I want to do with my life and the direction I want to take.

-- Don't merely listen to the word and so deceive yourself. Do what it says. -- James 1:22

     2016 will be different. This year, I didn't make resolutions. No, this year, I sat with my family, in a lovely coffee shop in Sedona, AZ and we worked on setting goals. I know the two sound similar, but a resolution is a change you want to make in your daily life, while a goal is something you want to accomplish. It's something you set out to do with the expectation of growing in the end.  Committing to something you know will make you better. That's a goal.

     So I made a few goals this year. I'm aiming to be more consistent in my walk with God and to have a bolder faith in all I do. I want to be a more godly example to my family and friends. I want to read and write more. Honestly, I'd like to exercise daily, but I'm still working through that one. And lastly, I'm going to stick with whatever I start, because I want to do what I say I'm going to do.

     Last year, (more like a month ago), I felt a prompting to serve more, which hatched an idea. Some of my favorite things, as you know, are serving and handwritten notes, a.k.a stationary, so I decided to put the two together. 
     
     1Mission is a community development organization, giving people living in poverty the opportunity to earn a house by serving in their community. I've had the opportunity to be a part of several projects with this organization, beginning when I was 9.  I'll never forget the feeling of watching a family receive the keys to their new home.  What a blessed experience. 

     Through 1Mission, campaigns may be established in order to raise money for families in need and that's what I'm doing.  Check it out here: Emma's Mission. The stationary comes in as my way to raise the money. I've opened an Etsy shop called The Art of Stationary.  I'm selling handmade stationary where all the profits go to my campaign. This is my number one project and one of my top goals for 2016. I'm so excited about this and even more excited to share this with you. Please take some time to browse my store.  Of course, I'm partial to these designs, but I think you'll love them too! When you make a purchase, be sure to spread the word, as no one ever changed the world all on their own.  Let's get as many people involved in this as we can. 

    As I stated in the beginning of this post, 2016 will be different; I can feel it. However, the only way it's going to be different is when people like you and me set out to make it so. 

XOXO- Em



4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. I love the project and the cards you're making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. I love the project and the cards you're making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH I'M SO PROUD OF YOU EM!!! Wishing you luck!! Let me know if you need a secretary XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I get to read your blogs. I'm getting to watch you grow and I'm so proud of you.
    you always leave me waiting for the next one.

    ReplyDelete