Sunday, January 31, 2016

Run the Race

Hey Friends,
     I have wonderful news for you all!! My Etsy shop has been suspended for about the entire month of January, but now it's back up and running. I'll be honest, it's been quite a frustrating month, but I've learned how to be patient. Throughout this month I've learned how to rely on God and His timing. All good things happen on His timing. After patiently waiting, the Art of Stationary is back up!! Soon I'll be uploading Valentine's day cards, but until then feel free to check out cards already in the shop! The Art of Stationary . As for my campaign, I've yet to receive any donations. Remember that when a card is bought all the profit will be going to my campaign. This is something I'm very excited to be doing, but I need your help to accomplish this goal. Emma's Campaign

-- I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the Heavenly prize for which God, through Jesus Christ, is calling us. -- Philippians 3:14

     Monday night during our family bible study, this passage inspired me. Basically this passage explains that, as Christians, we are in a life long race. But, the most important components of this race is the prize at the end and the way we run. Where we are in the race doesn't matter. All we have to do is run in such a way as to gain the prize. While we are in this race, we need to give it our all and not go back to the starting line. When we mess up along the way, we shouldn't go back to the beginning and attempt a re-do because we weren't please with the way we executed something. We are going to make mistakes along the way, but we aren't going to give up. Our prize and finish line seems further and further away every time we go back tot he start line. 

     When I was a freshmen and still in public school, my parents told me I had to do a sport while I was in highschool. I decided to get it over with my freshmen year. Two facts about me: I hate doing sports and I hate running. Yes, the girl who despises sports and running decided to do track. I thought it would be easy, it wasn't easy at all. The one hour of practice felt like five hours and doing track in march in Arizona is brutal. It's already hot. I still to this day have no clue why I chose track as my one sport. When it came time for my first meet, I was looking for any excuse not to go. I was slightly sick, my legs were very sore, I had a bunch of homework. My parents still drove me to my first meet and were in the bleachers eagerly awaited my turn to run. I lined up for the 100m race, my very first ever race. When I started running I ended up in someone else's lane and dead last. Most of my races were either last or second to last. Yes I was a little disappionted, but I was more proud of finishing than the actual place I came in. I finished the entire season and don't regret doing it. On some days I gave it my all and on others I slacked off. I was never overly enthusiastic about track, but I persevered and saw it through.

     In a lot of ways, track is like the race we're running now. On some days we give it our all, and on others we slack off a little bit. On some days we swerve out of our straight and narrow lane into one that is not our own. On some days we feel a constant urge to go back to he starting line, wanting to try again. On some days we mess up so badly that we just want to quit this race entirely. But we can't. When we committed to this life of following Jesus, we left the start line and we can't go back. God knew we were going to mess up... a lot, but he still runs the race with us. When we feel like abandoning, He doesn't, and He won't. While you are running this race, run in such a way that focuses on the prize rather than prioritizes the place you're in. 

XOXO- Em

No comments:

Post a Comment